BBC Worldwide and Merlin Entertainments to create CBeebies Land
BBC Worldwide and Merlin Entertainments (Merlin) have announced a new partnership between the two global companies to create CBeebies Land
The unique experience will be the first of its kind in the UK (and will be Alton Towers’ first and only single-branded area) bringing to life some of the most-loved characters from CBeebies, the nation’s top children’s TV channel.
The planned 5-acre site within Alton Towers Resort will offer plenty of opportunities for little ones to interact with some of their favourite characters and TV shows. CBeebies Land will include rides, immersive play areas, live experiences, character appearances and will be a safe and fun environment for pre-schoolers to play and learn.
The area will be updated frequently with new content, while a seasonal programme of events will run alongside the main attractions ensuring that no two visits to CBeebies Land will be the same.
Marcus Arthur, Managing Director UK at BBC Worldwide says, “CBeebies Land will be a fun and exciting way for children and adults to immerse themselves in and explore the CBeebies environment and to enjoy their favourite characters. BBC Worldwide is delighted to be working with Merlin, and this very special development at one of Britain’s best-loved theme park resorts is a great beginning.”
Mark Fisher, Chief Development Officer at Merlin Entertainments says, “The Alton Towers project is very exciting. Most importantly it is the first project in what we hope will be a very important long term relationship with BBC Worldwide. CBeebies is a perfect fit for Britain’s number one theme park resort, and both BBC Worldwide and ourselves are excited by the chance to add a little extra Merlin ‘magic’ to some of the country’s best loved children’s characters. CBeebies Land will add a different and original element to the already fantastic offering we have for young families, making Alton Towers Resort the ideal destination for both day trips and short breaks.”
Joe Godwin, Director, BBC Children’s added, “I’m really pleased that our youngest audience and their families will get the chance to experience hands-on their favourite CBeebies shows and characters in a safe environment which has all the values and quality they expect from CBeebies. CBeebies has long been the number one TV channel for preschool children and their families, but we also know that these days they want to be able to have days out and happy memories with their favourite characters in the real world as well. Hot on the heels of our hugely popular CBeebies app, CBeebies Land gives families another new way to experience the brand.”
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020