Korean variety shows top Tudou’s “must-view” lists
Beijing – South Korean variety shows have topped Tudou.com’s (a subsidiary of Youku Tudou Inc.) must-view lists for young and social media-savvy Chinese viewers. With titles from Korean television stations SBS, KBS, and MBC, Tudou’s collection has attracted almost 100 million total views.
Tudou offers 15 Korean variety shows, six of which are exclusive to Tudou. According to data from Youku Index, the target audience of Korean variety shows is generally between ages 15 and 35. According to iResearch, Tudou reeled in about 190,000 young viewers per day in June 2013. iResearch data also shows that Tudou.com grabs 30-50% of the market share for this demographic in China across online platforms.
Interactive, social-media-friendly features help Tudou gain such popularity with a young audience. After School Club recently inked an exclusive webcasting partnership with Tudou, where Tudou will host a “virtual video party” during each episode, inviting viewers to interact with the show in a number of ways, from chatting with celebrity guest starts to participating in contests. Alongside Tudou’s live broadcast, After School Club will be screened live on YouTube in the United States with viewers joining in through Twitter.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020