Korean variety shows top Tudou’s “must-view” lists
Beijing – South Korean variety shows have topped Tudou.com’s (a subsidiary of Youku Tudou Inc.) must-view lists for young and social media-savvy Chinese viewers. With titles from Korean television stations SBS, KBS, and MBC, Tudou’s collection has attracted almost 100 million total views.
Tudou offers 15 Korean variety shows, six of which are exclusive to Tudou. According to data from Youku Index, the target audience of Korean variety shows is generally between ages 15 and 35. According to iResearch, Tudou reeled in about 190,000 young viewers per day in June 2013. iResearch data also shows that Tudou.com grabs 30-50% of the market share for this demographic in China across online platforms.
Interactive, social-media-friendly features help Tudou gain such popularity with a young audience. After School Club recently inked an exclusive webcasting partnership with Tudou, where Tudou will host a “virtual video party” during each episode, inviting viewers to interact with the show in a number of ways, from chatting with celebrity guest starts to participating in contests. Alongside Tudou’s live broadcast, After School Club will be screened live on YouTube in the United States with viewers joining in through Twitter.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 86 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 70 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 51 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020