London – NBCUniversal Formats has sold dating show Baggage to Chinese satellite channel GuangXi, which reaches more than 800 million households. Baggage China will be made by production company Shixi Media and will air for 13 weeks on GuangXi Satellite from mid-September.
This is NBCUniversal Format’s third deal in China, following Dance Your Ass Off, which aired on ZheJiang Satellite, and game show hit Still Standing, series two of which is currently shown on JiangSu Satellite.
NBCUniversal Formats’ game shows and reality formats have been popular with Asian buyers. Dance Your Ass Off Thailand, Top Chef Indonesia, Minute to Win It Vietnam and Hong Kong, as well as Hot Guys Who Cook Asia, have all either premiered in 2012 or are currently in production to air in 2013.
Brad Wald, Chief Commercial Officer for NBCUniversal International TV Production, said: “Some of our key shows are already doing well in Asia, and we’re delighted to now be working with Guangxi Satellite. Baggage is certain to bring laughter, entertainment and something refreshingly new to viewers in China.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 87 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020