“Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs” to broadcast on Nine
In 2011, Captain Flinn and The Pirate Dinosaurs won Best TV Pilot and the prestigious Arlecchino Award for Best Book Based Work, an esteemed accolade of the Cartoons On The Bay Pulcinella Awards, International Television and Cross Media Animation Festival held in Italy. The series also was selected as a nominee in the 2011 Banff International Pilots competition in the youth and children category and was shown at the 2011 Banff World Media Festival in Canada.
“It is a real honour to be working on such an amazing book property from Giles Andreae and Russell Ayto. SLR Productions looks forward to a great collaboration with the artistic team and broadcast partners Nine Network, ZDF Enterprises along with co-producers Telegael and Top Draw Animation – together we will ensure Captain Flinn and The Pirate Dinosaurs is an extraordinary dino-pirate cartoon series for the global preschool and early school age audience. Combining a young boy’s two passions, dinosaurs and pirates, Giles Andreae and Russell Ayto have created a series of picture books that have become incredibly popular around the world and we hope to capture the same wit and cheek in our television series,” said Executive Producer and CEO of SLR Productions, Suzanne Ryan.
“We are thrilled to again be working with SLR Productions – Suzanne Ryan and her team always deliver quality and entertaining children’s content that enhances our programming schedule. Captain Flinn and The Pirate Dinosaurs has amazing production partners on board and draws its inspiration from the award-winning picture books from Giles Andreae and Russell Ayto ensuring it will be a series that Australian and international audiences will love,” said Executive Producer, Drama at Nine Network, Jo Rooney.
“Combining dinosaurs and pirates will make Captain Flinn and The Pirate Dinosaurs a very unique series. Filled with high-sea adventures, it will be sure to capture the hearts of the young audience. We are delighted to be working with the team on this new series,” said VP of ZDFE.junior, Arne Lohmann.
- iQIYI presents six new Korean titles to look forward to in April 170 views | posted on April 6, 2021
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 50 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 38 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020