BBC World News to launch commemorative “Singapore Direct” season
Singapore – As Singapore approaches 50 years of independence, BBC World News and BBC.com turn their attention to the tiny island nation in a Singapore Direct season of programming, the latest installment of the Country Direct seasons.
The Singapore Direct season will explore how the island nation is using its considerable wealth across its economy, society and cultural life. Is this a model that other countries could learn from or is Singapore’s mix of political conservatism, tight social controls and economic prosperity a curious one-off?
Through BBC World News programmes like Fast:track, One Square Mile, Talking Movies and Working Lives, BBC’s journalists explore the issues faced by a country and its people – from the economic opportunities and challenges to living life at every level of society; from its traditions and history to future plans and innovations.
Mary Wilkinson, Head of Commissioning, BBC World News and BBC.com: “Much has been said and written about Singapore from the chewing gum ban to full employment, but this season of programmes will explore what it is really like to live and work there.”
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020