Tokyo – Starting September 2, 2013, Yuji Watanabe will join BBC World News Japan as Managing Director, heading up the BBC’s new business in Japan. His priorities as Managing Director will be exploring new business opportunities for the channel, expanding existing platforms and building the profile of BBC World News with Japanese audiences.
BBC World News has been available to Japanese audiences since 1994 and Japan continues to be a key market for the channel’s international business strategy.
Watanabe began his career in 1982, initially in advertising, working at several international agencies including McCann Erickson, ADK, and Ketchum Advertising.
After 22 years of marketing experience in advertising industry, he joined FOX International Channels (FIC) as Marketing Director in 2004. During his time with FOX he worked to raise the profile of the National Geographic Channel in Japan, and led FOX channel to rank as one of the top entertainment channels in the market. He also launched FOX Life HD and FOXCRIME, and helped develop FIC’s businesses by launching innovative video streaming sites for mobile phones.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 45 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 41 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 35 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 26 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020