Orange is the New Black
Hong Kong – Following the content licensing deal between Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), Lionsgate’s partner in Asia, and Youku Tudou Inc., one of the leading internet television companies in China, Lionsgate TV series Orange is the New Black has generated nearly nine million views in its first six weeks in China and has already become one of Youku’s most-watched Western dramas.
In addition to Orange Is The New Black, Youku’s advertising-supported VOD service is also showcasing other Lionsgate TV series such as the multiple Emmy-winning Mad Men.
“We are very excited to expand our partnership with Youku on films and television series, and Orange Is The New Black has gotten our latest content licensing deal off to a strong start. There is tremendous buzz on the show worldwide and it is a testament to how the media business is changing globally, with the successful premiere of the show in China on a leading internet television company only 24 hours after it premiered online in the U.S. on Netflix,” said Wendy Reeds, CTE’s Executive Vice President, Content Sales and Distribution.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 209 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020