Orange is the New Black
Hong Kong – Following the content licensing deal between Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), Lionsgate’s partner in Asia, and Youku Tudou Inc., one of the leading internet television companies in China, Lionsgate TV series Orange is the New Black has generated nearly nine million views in its first six weeks in China and has already become one of Youku’s most-watched Western dramas.
In addition to Orange Is The New Black, Youku’s advertising-supported VOD service is also showcasing other Lionsgate TV series such as the multiple Emmy-winning Mad Men.
“We are very excited to expand our partnership with Youku on films and television series, and Orange Is The New Black has gotten our latest content licensing deal off to a strong start. There is tremendous buzz on the show worldwide and it is a testament to how the media business is changing globally, with the successful premiere of the show in China on a leading internet television company only 24 hours after it premiered online in the U.S. on Netflix,” said Wendy Reeds, CTE’s Executive Vice President, Content Sales and Distribution.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 239 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 168 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021