Olympic Council of Asia to establish in-house broadcasting service
Kuwait – The Olympic Council of Asia and MP & Silva, a leading international media rights company, have announced their plans to internalise the media production of all Asian Games competitions and all other OCA events. A new OCA Broadcasting Services company will be established in the moulds of the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) to guarantee the highest standards of production technology for Asian sporting events.
MP & Silva has been appointed by the Olympic Council of Asia to manage the OCA Broadcasting Services entity. MP & Silva will manage, supervise and execute all media production of the Asian multi-sporting competitions on behalf of OCA.
The next steps of this project include a joint OCA/ MP & Silva production tender, to identify the best production companies with the right set of technical expertise.
By internalising the broadcasting production, the Olympic Council of Asia and MP & Silva intend to set a new production standard for multi-sporting event coverage and to give more visibility to other OCA competitions, other than the Asian Games.
The Asian Games, organised by the Olympic Council of Asia, takes place every four years and is the world’s second-largest multi-sport event after the Olympic Games, involving 45 nations from Asia and Middle East. With a television audience of billions of people, the 2010 Asian Games had over 2,500 hours of broadcasting transmission.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020