Endemol has announced that Big Brother has been sold to Vietnam for the first time. Vietnamese broadcaster VTV has commissioned 65 episodes of Big Brother, which will air over nine weeks and is set to launch in 2013.
In total, over 20 series of Big Brother will air this year in more than 70 countries including the U.S., UK, Italy, Spain and Israel as well as in Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Asia and Africa.
Fotini Paraskakis, Endemol’s Managing Director of Asian Operations comments: “Big Brother continues to be an unstoppable blockbuster more than a decade since it first launched. Following the format’s proven success in other Asian territories we are proud to be bringing it to Vietnam for the very first time and we’re in no doubt that VTV6’s audience will love it.”
Endemol has continued to grow its presence in Asia in 2013, rolling out global formats such as Your Face Sounds Familiar, which is due to launch S2 in Vietnam as well as airing S3 and 4 in China; The Money Drop, which has now been picked up in 11 Asian territories and Fear Factor, which has been commissioned for a second season in Malaysia launching in early 2014.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 45 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020