Viki adds Krikorian and Goldberg as its newest strategic investors
Viki, a startup based out of Singapore that combines premium videos with crowd-sourced subtitles, has announced two new investors to the board. Blake Krikorian, founder of Sling Media and now corporate VP at Microsoft overseeing XBox, and Dave Goldberg, CEO of Survey Monkey, are making strategic investments in video site Viki. The announcement comes hot on the heels of the site surpassing the 400 million words subtitled mark (the equivalent of 10,000 novels) and now has 163 languages.
The site is already supported by many others, in which its growing list of board members, investors and advisors include Joi Ito (MIT Media Lab, NYT and Sony board), Reid Hoffman (Greylock), Marc Andreessen (Andreessen Horowitz), Saar Gur (Charles River Ventures), Javier Olivan (Facebook’s VP, Growth and Analytics), Chamath Palihapitiya (Social+Capital Partnership, early Facebook) and Dave McClure (500 StartUps).
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020