SES’ first half results show growth in all markets
Satellite operator SES has reported financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2013. The company’s revenue at constant exchange rate (FX) grew by 7.2%, excluding German analogue impact.
International revenue increased by 9.3% over H1 2012 to EUR 252.8 million, on a constant FX basis, as new capacity addressing emerging markets was successfully commercialised. Available satellite capacity increased by 74 transponders compared to H1 2012.
New businesses in Asia included a renewal and capacity extension agreement with Thai DTH broadcaster IPMTV. The agreement renews capacity on the NSS-6 satellite and secures new capacity on SES-8, scheduled to be launched in Q4 2013. In addition, Mediascape, a leading DTH operator in the Philippines, extended its partnership with SES via a new multi-year, multi-transponder deal on SES-7. The new capacity expansion will allow MediaScape to expand its services for the provision of DTH satellite TV.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020