SES’ first half results show growth in all markets
Satellite operator SES has reported financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2013. The company’s revenue at constant exchange rate (FX) grew by 7.2%, excluding German analogue impact.
International revenue increased by 9.3% over H1 2012 to EUR 252.8 million, on a constant FX basis, as new capacity addressing emerging markets was successfully commercialised. Available satellite capacity increased by 74 transponders compared to H1 2012.
New businesses in Asia included a renewal and capacity extension agreement with Thai DTH broadcaster IPMTV. The agreement renews capacity on the NSS-6 satellite and secures new capacity on SES-8, scheduled to be launched in Q4 2013. In addition, Mediascape, a leading DTH operator in the Philippines, extended its partnership with SES via a new multi-year, multi-transponder deal on SES-7. The new capacity expansion will allow MediaScape to expand its services for the provision of DTH satellite TV.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020