With over 20 years of international experience in film, television and multi-media businesses, Mason has has worked with large U.S. studios, a UK television network, independent producers and government agencies. Mason was chosen from over 250 international candidates.
Screen Australia Chair Glen Boreham said, “The Board was extremely impressed by Graeme’s extensive commercial experience and his unique perspective on the need for a screen agency to create a bridge between industry and government, and a balance between culture and commerce.
“As we look forward to welcoming Graeme to the agency, we also want to acknowledge the remarkable leadership of Ruth Harley as our inaugural CEO. Ruth can be very proud of her achievements during her five-year term, during which she brought the three former agencies together into one organisation and implemented a significant overhaul of our approach to development and funding of screen content. The results are there to see in some of the outstanding and diverse Australian content we have supported in recent years, from The Sapphires to Redfern Now, and from Once upon a Time in Cabramatta to Big Stories, Small Towns. We are very grateful for Ruth’s contributions to Screen Australia and to the Australian screen sector.”
Mason said, “After so many years away I am delighted to be coming home to Australia to take on such an exciting role and to build on the great work of Ruth Harley and her team. I am really looking forward to working as part of the Australian screen industry to help tell our stories to domestic and global audiences and to continue to build a vibrant and sustainable screen sector.”
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020