With over 20 years of international experience in film, television and multi-media businesses, Mason has has worked with large U.S. studios, a UK television network, independent producers and government agencies. Mason was chosen from over 250 international candidates.
Screen Australia Chair Glen Boreham said, “The Board was extremely impressed by Graeme’s extensive commercial experience and his unique perspective on the need for a screen agency to create a bridge between industry and government, and a balance between culture and commerce.
“As we look forward to welcoming Graeme to the agency, we also want to acknowledge the remarkable leadership of Ruth Harley as our inaugural CEO. Ruth can be very proud of her achievements during her five-year term, during which she brought the three former agencies together into one organisation and implemented a significant overhaul of our approach to development and funding of screen content. The results are there to see in some of the outstanding and diverse Australian content we have supported in recent years, from The Sapphires to Redfern Now, and from Once upon a Time in Cabramatta to Big Stories, Small Towns. We are very grateful for Ruth’s contributions to Screen Australia and to the Australian screen sector.”
Mason said, “After so many years away I am delighted to be coming home to Australia to take on such an exciting role and to build on the great work of Ruth Harley and her team. I am really looking forward to working as part of the Australian screen industry to help tell our stories to domestic and global audiences and to continue to build a vibrant and sustainable screen sector.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 52 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020