Ericsson’s acquisition of Red Bee Media, which is subject to regulatory approval, will bring 1,500 highly-skilled employees, as well as media services and operations facilities in the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Australia. With 1,240 Red Bee Media employees based in the UK, Ericsson’s UK business will grow to around 4,000 employees and with more than one-third working in the media services business, the UK will become a global media hub for Ericsson.
Since its foundation in 2005, Red Bee Media provides a range of media services: from media asset management to playout and digital video publishing, metadata services, multilingual access services and creative services to major broadcasters and broadband platforms. Red Bee Media, which is known for its high quality playout services, is also the largest editorial metadata provider in Europe, delivering more than 100,000 hours of subtitling per year for leading broadcasters.
“Ericsson is making a step change to our business, cementing our commitment to TV and broadcast services and continuing a journey we started in 2007,” says Magnus Mandersson, Executive Vice President and Head of Business Unit Global Services, Ericsson. “We can create value for broadcasters by making digital content more accessible, enabling monetisation of TV content more efficiently. Video traffic shows very strong uptake in the mobile networks and Ericsson can address the need of both broadcasters and telecom operators through our technology expertise and services capabilities.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 36 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020