Caracol Television expands internationally with Viki
Caracol Television has entered a new negotiation with Viki, a global interactive television site that allows its users to subtitle their favourite programmes in over 150 languages.
Caracol will top the list of Latin content with productions such as Pablo Escobar, The Drug Lord; Made in Cartagena and Broken Promises. With this negotiation, Viki users in Australia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Cambodia and New Zealand will be able to enjoy some of Caracol Television’s top productions on their newly-launched Spanish website.
“We are very excited about this negotiation with Viki because it allows us to continue our global strategy of sharing innovative content without borders.” states Estefanía Arteaga, International Sales for Caracol TV.
“In this way, Caracol Television will continue to reach audiences around the world in non-traditional markets through the diverse platforms available today,” adds Lisette Osorio, VP of International Sales at Caracol TV.
“Our goal has always been to bring global TV to global audiences,” said Tammy H. Nam, Viki’s CMO and General Manager, Americas. “More than 90 percent of our Latin American viewers come to Viki to watch top international TV shows and movies, which they can’t easily access elsewhere. Now, we are able to introduce telenovelas to much of the world.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 195 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 106 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 48 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020