Encompass Asia Pacific builds region’s first MEGAPOD
Singapore – Encompass Digital Media, one of the world’s top digital media services providers and a leader in global satellite and terrestrial connectivity, announced that its Asia Pacific facility will double its current multichannel broadcast monitoring and playout capacity through the construction of a seven million US dollar MEGAPOD. This is the region’s first comprehensive over-the-top (OTT) services facility enabling Encompass continue to meet the growing demands of customers in Asia Pacific.
“For content owners looking to grow in this dynamic region, leveraging technology to deliver content on multiple screens is a significant competitive advantage,” noted Deepakjit Singh, managing director for Encompass Asia Pacific. “Encompass’ new MEGAPOD will allow content partners to provide entertainment-on-demand across a variety of devices and create new options to monetise content as quickly as possible. With this investment, we’re looking to enable efficiencies that will allow the seamless delivery of content to all four screens – television, desktop, tablet and mobile – reliably and easily in real time.”
In addition to being the first-of-its-kind facility built in Asia, Encompass’ state-of–the-art MEGAPOD will also be the largest, fully automated, multi-layered channel playout and monitoring facility of this scale in the region. The facility will enable Encompass to improve its response time with an automated switch-over feature to back-up content. This new facility will also provide a multi-tiered problem escalation and resolution approach. This means that clients will get a fail-safe, higher quality of service from Encompass.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020