Viacom announces distribution agreements across Southeast Asia
Malaysia/Philippines – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia, a division of Viacom Inc. announced further regional distribution of its brands with Comedy Central Asia leading the charge in Malaysia and the Philippines. Comedy Central Asia has launched in Malaysia as part of ASTRO’s B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet package, and also in the Philippines on SKYcable as well as Cignal Digital TV. June will see further expansion of Comedy Central Asia’s distribution in the Philippines with a launch on Cablelink and Viva Communications, Inc. commencing as the network’s provincial distributor. SKYcable, which recently added Nick Jr., adds MTV Live to its suite of channels, and Cablelink adds both MTV Live and Nick Jr. to their channel line-up in June.
Launched in November 2012, Comedy Central Asia is now available in nine markets via 15 providers across Malaysia, the Philippines Singapore, Cambodia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Mongolia and Thailand. Comedy Central Asia will feature both original and acquired content including award-winning content such as The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Comedy Central’s global hit series South Park, the Asia Pay-TV premiere of such titles including Anger Management, as well as classic titles Mind Your Language, Ellen and Absolutely Fabulous.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020