Idea to launch Chinese satellite TV in Taiwan draws fire
According to The China Post, Control Yuan President Chien-shien WANG has said that allowing international news programmes produced by mainland China’s CCTV and Hong Kong’s Phoenix Television to be broadcast in Taiwan would be a good thing for the country. It adds that Wang further voiced his support for former Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) Chairman Pin-kung CHIANG who recently made such a statement during a Koo-Wang Talks 20th anniversary event, stirring up a significant amount of controversy among politicians and members of the media.
During a Koo-Wang Talks anniversary event, Chiang said the government cannot solve the problems of Taiwanese media through legislation, and that the only way is to introduce quality programmes from abroad, such as those from broadcasters that feature more international news, including Hong Kong’s Phoenix Television and mainland China’s CCTV. However, when asked to respond to the controversy that his comments had stirred, Chiang declined to comment, according to local reports, as reported by The China Post.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 70 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 68 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 53 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 37 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020