California, U.S. – DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. announced it has agreed to acquire AwesomenessTV, one of the most subscribed-to teen networks on YouTube. This deal recognises the growing value of digital content creation and consumption.
With this deal, DreamWorks Animation will acquire a next-generation media company, which though its Multi-Channel Network on YouTube has already signed up over 55,000 channels, aggregating over 14 million subscribers and 800 million video views. The AwesomenessTV brand has also recently extended beyond the mobile platform into television and film, signaling continued cross-platform expansion plans. As part of DreamWorks, Brian Robbins, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of AwesomenessTV, will continue to grow the company. In addition, Robbins will assume an executive role at the studio to develop a DreamWorks Animation branded digital family channel, harnessing the studio’s resources, technology and IP portfolio.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 29 views | posted on January 19, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020