California, U.S. – DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. announced it has agreed to acquire AwesomenessTV, one of the most subscribed-to teen networks on YouTube. This deal recognises the growing value of digital content creation and consumption.
With this deal, DreamWorks Animation will acquire a next-generation media company, which though its Multi-Channel Network on YouTube has already signed up over 55,000 channels, aggregating over 14 million subscribers and 800 million video views. The AwesomenessTV brand has also recently extended beyond the mobile platform into television and film, signaling continued cross-platform expansion plans. As part of DreamWorks, Brian Robbins, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of AwesomenessTV, will continue to grow the company. In addition, Robbins will assume an executive role at the studio to develop a DreamWorks Animation branded digital family channel, harnessing the studio’s resources, technology and IP portfolio.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 325 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 54 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 47 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 40 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020