ZDnet.com reports that one of China’s top movie download website, Siluhd.com, has been shut down, with the CEO and over 30 other employees detained by Chinese law enforcement authorities on suspicion of infringing intellectual property rights.
ZDnet.com adds that according to Sina News, Siluhd.com has been operational for over 10 years and the total number of registered members of the site has reached more than 1.4 million. It noted that the website offers hundreds of thousands of high-definition Blu-ray movies, TV series, music tracks and games for download. Given its success, the founder of the website who goes by the surname of ZHOU started brick-and-mortar shops selling Blu-ray players and pirated high-definition movies as well, the report said.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020