Canada’s ATN to launch five channels in collaboration with India’s Doordarshan
Toronto, Canada – Asian Television Network International Limited (ATN), Canada’s largest South Asian network, has launched five new channels in collaboration with Indian Terrestrial Broadcaster Doordarshan, popularly known as DD. ATN has signed Licensing Agreements with DD under which it has been granted exclusive rights to the five television services, namely DD India, DD News (a 24-hour news channel broadcast in both Hindi and English), DD Bharati, DD Urdu and DD Sports – India’s only free-to-air sport channel.
“India is the world’s largest democracy and has a population of over a billion people. We are delighted to be associated with the launch of India’s official national broadcaster Doordarshan which is similar to the BBC in the UK and CBC in Canada,” said Dr. Shan Chandrasekar President and CEO of ATN. “We have aggressive plans to add substantial value to our Diaspora and enhance our strong customer base on cable, satellite and credible distributors across Canada.”
With the launch of these new channels, ATN expects to gain new subscribers through cable, satellite and IPTV platforms across Canada. ATN intends to have its compelling content distributed to all authenticated subscribers through VOD, SVOD, tablets and mobile platforms across Canada.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020