Singapore – Universal Channel has announced that it will be premiering series Bates Motel in Asia on May 29. The contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film, Psycho, the series promises to give viewers an intimate portrayal of how Norman Bates’ psyche unravels through his teenage years.
The series – produced by Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin, is a first and exclusive on Universal Channel. It follows widow and motel manager Norma Bates and her son, Norman, as they begin to settle into life on an idyllic coastal town in search for a fresh start. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand just how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma, truly is and how she helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all.
Bates Motel stars Academy Award nominee and award winning actress Vera Farmiga and double SAG nominee and Film Critics’ Best Young Actor winner Freddie Highmore. Max Thieriot Olivia Cooke and Nicola Peltz, Nestor Carbonell and Mike Vogel join the cast.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020