ABS-CBN invests in digital to deliver clear TV viewing for Filipinos
ABS-CBN Corporation has announced that it would be investing in digital terrestrial television (DTV) and cable TV to bring clear TV viewing to millions of Filipino households that continue to make do with poor picture and audio quality.
According to ABS-CBN DTV marketing head Miguel Mercado, ABS-CBN has been investing heavily on infrastructure and test broadcast activities in the past six years to ensure a smooth transition to DTT, which offers viewers digital clear picture and sound for all existing channels, and also more content as each network can broadcast in more than one channel. DTT was originally discussed to totally replace the existing analogue broadcast transmission system in the Philippines that is plagued by issues on poor reception nationwide by 2015. However, Mercado said only 20 percent of Filipino households have cable and they are the only ones who enjoy clear picture and audio quality as opposed to the experience of the majority of Filipinos. He said this is ABS-CBN’s biggest motivation in preparing for DTT.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 248 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021