Over 60% growth in worldwide OTT video revenue reported in 2012
Arizona – ABI Research announced in its latest OTT and Multi-screen Services Research Service that the OTT video market has crossed the US$8 billion mark in 2012, with companies such as Netflix, Hulu, Apple and Amazon driving the growth. The three largest markets—North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific—experienced year-on-year growth in excess of 50% in the same year. The report states that the continued spread of connected consumer electronics and mobile devices such as tablets are expected to push the market past US$20 billion by 2015.
The dynamics around revenue generation, ABI Research adds, will continue to change and currently vary by region. However, the agency expects a greater diffusion of revenue across the various business models, driven by a continual shift in consumer demand towards newer forms of digital content distribution.
“The shift to digital and OTT distribution is accelerating, particularly as content providers increasingly warm up to these channels,” comments senior analyst, Michael Inouye. “While pay-TV services are still afforded many advantages, we are approaching the proverbial fork in the road when content owners will decide if they continue down the same path or forge ahead, shaking up the primary means of media distribution as we’ve known it.”
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 40 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 38 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 37 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 36 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020