Singapore – National Geographic Channels International (NGCI) has announced three new co-productions aimed at unravelling prevailing mysteries of the past.
Partnering with Sky Vision, NGCI is co-producing the three-part special Jesus: Rise to Power, set to air in the U.S. and internationally in late-March 2013. NGCI has also announced the co-production of Bones of The Buddha (1 x 60’) from Icon Films, and Ultimate Tutankhamun (1 x 120’) from Blink Films – both of which will premiere internationally on National Geographic Channel in early summer.
“These three new specials – each uniquely geared at offering a comprehensive look at some of the ancient world’s most enduring stories – bolster NGCI’s programming schedule with the exact touchstone programming that fascinates our viewers,” said Hamish Mykura, Executive Vice President and Head of International Content for NGCI.
In Jesus: Rise to Power, NGCI charts the remarkable rise of Christianity against a backdrop of political instability, power struggles and a relentless string of persecutions. The three-part special follows Roman history expert Dr. Michael Scott through the deserts and the cities of the ancient world to reveal the epic events that formed the backbone of Christianity.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 52 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021