Mei Tian Mei Yu’s “Planet Homebuddies” scores strong ratings
Beijing-based entertainment company Mei Tian Mei Yu (Mei Tian) has reported that its new Web / TV sitcom Planet Homebuddies has amassed seven million viewers since launching in February on top China portals and online platforms Tudou, Youku, Baofeng, PPTV, iQiyi and SINA.
The six-part series that premiered during the Chinese New Year, takes a humorous look at the new trend among China’s white collar youth who choose to live and work at home. Based on a concept by President/CEO of Metan Development Group, Larry Namer, the series was developed and written as a TV/Web format for global audiences, marking the first time a China media company is using the internet to pilot domestic and global TV projects.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020