ESPN STAR Sports launches STAR Sports 2 in India
ESPN STAR Sports, one of India’s leading sports broadcaster, has expanded the sports bouquet with the addition of a new channel, STAR Sports 2. The new channel is being launched especially for the Indian sub-continent. The new channel will be officially launched next week, on March 11.
STAR Sports 2, which will be the sixth channel to be launched by ESPN STAR Sports in India after STAR Sports, STAR Cricket, STAR Cricket HD, ESPN and ESPN HD, will showcase live and non-live events across sporting categories like cricket, soccer, tennis, motor racing and golf. The new channel aims to offer more sports, more action, more passion and more heroes to follow for sports fans across the country. The sports broadcaster has launched an on-air campaign running across the STAR India network to promote STAR Sports 2. In the first month of its launch, STAR Sports 2 will cover tournaments like Serie A and La Liga soccer, BPL action, Nascar racing and prime tennis from the Men’s ATP Tour among others.
“STAR network has acquired some of the best sporting properties in every genre and is committed to taking sports broadcasting to a new level. These include broadcast rights to the BCCI national and domestic Cricket for six years; broadcast rights of Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and English FA Cup and England international matches. Apart from exciting live content, we are also innovating in the way we present sports. Our brand new Hindi presentation on the LIVE cricket broadcast allows audiences to enjoy the game in their preferred language, which was very well received by viewers. Similarly our recent launch www.starsports.com enables us to engage with passionate cricket fans like never before, and we are delighted with the site’s ramp up in the last 2 months,” said Sanjay Gupta, Chief Operating Officer, STAR India.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020