“Dancing With The Stars” swings into first regional version in India
BBC Worldwide has joined with ETV Bangla, a family entertainment channel in West Bengal, to produce the first regional version of Dancing With The Stars (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa). Produced by BBC Worldwide Productions India, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Bangla will air on ETV Bangla in March and aims to build on an established and popular format to a local audience for the first time.
Myleeta Aga, General Manager and Creative Head of BBC Worldwide Productions India said, “Dancing With The Stars is an established global hit, and no more so than here in India. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa has paved the way for other dance based reality series, and by introducing a region specific version to audiences in West Bengal, we are once again setting the standard of how such series can continue to be relevant and fresh. ”
Following in the footsteps of India’s Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the regional version will feature 10 to 12 celebrity contestants and is hosted by local actor and star, Jishu Sengupta. The Hindi award-winning version of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions India for Colours, has completed its fifth season.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020