Celestial Tiger Entertainment appoints Rupi Sagoo as Director, Content Sales and Distribution
Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) announced today the appointment of Rupi Sagoo as Director, Content Sales and Distribution for Japan and Korea. Sagoo, based out of CTE’s Hong Kong office, will report to Wendy Reeds, Executive Vice President, Content Sales and Distribution.
Sagoo will be responsible for driving the distribution of Lionsgate’s television content as well as sales of Lionsgate’s vast library of feature films which includes Summit Entertainment’s film portfolio, and the Miramax Films library to Japan and Korea. Meanwhile, Jenny Suen, Director, Content Sales and Distribution, will continue to oversee CTE’s content distribution in Greater China and Southeast Asia.
Prior to CTE, Sagoo served as VP, Sales Practice Management at HSBC, and was responsible for setting up the new client communications department in Hong Kong. This involved creation of sales tools, launch and maintenance of an internal database and on-going support for 260 Sales Managers in the Asia region. Before HSBC, Sagoo served as Director of Programming & Acquisitions for FX and Fox Crime at Fox International Channels (FIC) and worked on the launch of Fox Movies Middle East. During her tenure she brought numerous Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated shows such as Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Glee, Modern Family and Californication to the entertainment channels. Post-merger, she assumed the position of Channel Manager for Star World. Her success led to her being voted Asia’s Most Influential Buyer for TV Series in 2009.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020