ABS-CBN Corporation has widened its lead over rival TV stations in February with an average audience share growing to 42%, 10 points higher than GMA Network’s 32%. Data from Kantar Media showed that more Filipino households across urban and rural areas watched ABS-CBN’s programmes as its total day share rose two points from 40% in January, while GMA suffered a one-point drop from 33% in the previous month.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population. February’s figures also reveal that ABS-CBN’s primetime block (6PM-12MN) pulled away with an audience share of 47%, an increase from 44% in January, while GMA dipped to 29% from 31%. GMA’s decline in primetime viewership was also seen in Metro Manila where it only garnered an audience share of 34%, less than ABS-CBN’s 37%. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers efficiently.
ABS-CBN’s primetime dominance has been bolstered by the viewership of its programmes Ina Kapatid Anak, which received a national TV rating of 37.2% and superhero drama Juan Dela Cruz with 37.9%. Princess and I, meanwhile, finished with 38.1% during its finale on February 1. The fourth season of talent reality show Pilipinas Got Talent rose to 28.4%, while newcomer Apoy sa Dagat rated 25.6%. Maalaala Mo Kaya (30.4%) continued to outperform rival programme Magpakailanman, which managed 21.3%. TV Patrol also remained as the country’s favourite newscast with a national TV rating of 28.5%.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 67 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 59 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 48 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020