ABS-CBN Corporation has widened its lead over rival TV stations in February with an average audience share growing to 42%, 10 points higher than GMA Network’s 32%. Data from Kantar Media showed that more Filipino households across urban and rural areas watched ABS-CBN’s programmes as its total day share rose two points from 40% in January, while GMA suffered a one-point drop from 33% in the previous month.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population. February’s figures also reveal that ABS-CBN’s primetime block (6PM-12MN) pulled away with an audience share of 47%, an increase from 44% in January, while GMA dipped to 29% from 31%. GMA’s decline in primetime viewership was also seen in Metro Manila where it only garnered an audience share of 34%, less than ABS-CBN’s 37%. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers efficiently.
ABS-CBN’s primetime dominance has been bolstered by the viewership of its programmes Ina Kapatid Anak, which received a national TV rating of 37.2% and superhero drama Juan Dela Cruz with 37.9%. Princess and I, meanwhile, finished with 38.1% during its finale on February 1. The fourth season of talent reality show Pilipinas Got Talent rose to 28.4%, while newcomer Apoy sa Dagat rated 25.6%. Maalaala Mo Kaya (30.4%) continued to outperform rival programme Magpakailanman, which managed 21.3%. TV Patrol also remained as the country’s favourite newscast with a national TV rating of 28.5%.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020