Tokyo Broadcasting System’s “Takeshi’s Castle” celebrates tenth anniversary
The Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) variety programme, Takeshi’s Castle, celebrates its tenth year on the air in the UK with a new six-part series scheduled to broadcast in the UK starting March 8, 2013. The show is being reintroduced as Takeshi’s Castle Rebooted with the award-winning comic duo Rich and Dom (Richard McCourt and Dominic Wood) taking over as the voices of the show. The new series is partly filmed in Japan during a visit by the UK programme producer to Tokyo.
Originally aired in Japan from 1986 to 1990, Takeshi’s Castle was a highly popular viewer-participation entertainment show. On each show, a volunteer army of viewers, under the leadership of General Tani (Hayato Tani), known as General Lee in the UK, would storm the castle defended by Count Takeshi (Beat Takeshi), who drove them into a series of wacky obstacles with some hilarious mishaps along the way. Even after going off the air, Takeshi’s Castle has remained popular in Japan and around the world and has been sold into 159 countries and territories.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 91 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 56 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 53 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 52 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020