First International Emmy Kids Awards winners announced
New York – The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the winners of the first International Emmy Kids Awards. The winning programmes are from Argentina, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom.
The winners are: Japan’s Junior High School Diaries: Harmony of Two (Kids: Series); Norway’s Energy Survival (Kids: Non-Scripted Entertainment); Argentina’s El Jardín de Clarilú (Kids: Pre-School); and the UK’s Newsround-My Autism and Me (Kids: Factual), The Amazing World of Gumball (Kids: Animation) and Lost Christmas (Kids: TV-Movie/Mini-Series).
From Asia, NHK’s Junior High School Diaries is a long-running weekly drama series that asks actual junior high school students to play out real-life issues they face. The episode that clinched the award was a milestone episode that commemorated the 50th anniversary of the series. Keisuke transfers to a new school but distances himself from his classmates because of his stutter. His classmate, Aguri notices his condition and graciously tries to get him to open up. After a string of events, Keisuke and Aguri perform a piano duet together at the school talent show. Through acting out of his own role, Keisuke faces his challenge and learns to overcome his struggle.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 257 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 80 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 74 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 70 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021