BBC Worldwide sells a raft of programming to Southeast Asian broadcasters
BBC Worldwide has licensed a range of programming to broadcasters in Southeast Asia. The deals include mixed programme packages picked up by Kompas TV (Indonesia), Okto and Channel 5 (Singapore), and BBC Worldwide’s first sales to Workpoint TV in Thailand.
Thailand’s free satellite channel Workpoint TV has licensed series one to four of Doctor Who and Walking with Dinosaurs (6 x 30’). Kompas TV, a free-to-air Indonesian channel which began broadcasting in 2011, has picked up titles including Sinbad (12 x 45’), History of the World (8 x 50’) and natural history series Earthflight (6 x 50’).
Channel 5, Mediacorp’s free-to-air news and entertainment channel in Singapore, has licensed Sinbad and music titles including Westlife: The Farewell Tour – Live at Croke Park (1 x 90’) and Coldplay Live 2012 (1 x 60’).
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020