BBC Worldwide sells a raft of programming to Southeast Asian broadcasters
BBC Worldwide has licensed a range of programming to broadcasters in Southeast Asia. The deals include mixed programme packages picked up by Kompas TV (Indonesia), Okto and Channel 5 (Singapore), and BBC Worldwide’s first sales to Workpoint TV in Thailand.
Thailand’s free satellite channel Workpoint TV has licensed series one to four of Doctor Who and Walking with Dinosaurs (6 x 30’). Kompas TV, a free-to-air Indonesian channel which began broadcasting in 2011, has picked up titles including Sinbad (12 x 45’), History of the World (8 x 50’) and natural history series Earthflight (6 x 50’).
Channel 5, Mediacorp’s free-to-air news and entertainment channel in Singapore, has licensed Sinbad and music titles including Westlife: The Farewell Tour – Live at Croke Park (1 x 90’) and Coldplay Live 2012 (1 x 60’).
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021