BBC Worldwide commissions original format “Million Dollar Intern”
BBC Worldwide Channels has ordered Million Dollar Intern (10 x 48 mins), a brand new factual entertainment format from Outline Productions, to air on its network of BBC-branded channels around the world. The title reinforces BBC Worldwide Channels’ commitment to increasing the number of original programme hours on the global network to 100 by 2014.
Million Dollar Intern will be fully funded by BBC Worldwide Channels as part of the strategy outlined by Vice President of Commissioning Tracy Forsyth last September, to work with independent producers and the BBC’s in-house production teams to create long-running, returnable
television formats for the global channel portfolio. BBC Worldwide will hold all commercial rights to the new series, including global broadcast and distribution.
Tapping into the creativity and dynamism of a new generation of young entrepreneurs, Million Dollar Intern will see business whiz kids from around the world go to work for a week at the bottom rung of a range of businesses which are failing to reach their potential in an effort to re-energise them. Disguised as ordinary interns, they will monitor the companies from the inside – in between making cups of coffee and doing menial tasks. With the innocence of youth as cover, the interns gain the confidence of the staff and start unravelling where problems lie. When they finally reveal their true credentials, it will be to shake up the businesses with a raft of inspiring ideas.
Created with global audiences in mind, the new title builds on one part of Tracy Forsyth’s twin track commissioning strategy; to order both international formats which will air in all markets, alongside local productions targeting individual markets. Million Dollar Intern will premiere globally in Summer 2013 on BBC Knowledge (Africa, Asia, Australia, Cyprus, Hungary, Italy, New Zealand, the Nordic Region, Poland and Romania), BBC Entertainment (Latin America), and BBC HD (Latin America, the Nordic Region, Poland and Turkey).
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,285 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 84 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 83 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020