BBC Worldwide commissions original format “Million Dollar Intern”
BBC Worldwide Channels has ordered Million Dollar Intern (10 x 48 mins), a brand new factual entertainment format from Outline Productions, to air on its network of BBC-branded channels around the world. The title reinforces BBC Worldwide Channels’ commitment to increasing the number of original programme hours on the global network to 100 by 2014.
Million Dollar Intern will be fully funded by BBC Worldwide Channels as part of the strategy outlined by Vice President of Commissioning Tracy Forsyth last September, to work with independent producers and the BBC’s in-house production teams to create long-running, returnable
television formats for the global channel portfolio. BBC Worldwide will hold all commercial rights to the new series, including global broadcast and distribution.
Tapping into the creativity and dynamism of a new generation of young entrepreneurs, Million Dollar Intern will see business whiz kids from around the world go to work for a week at the bottom rung of a range of businesses which are failing to reach their potential in an effort to re-energise them. Disguised as ordinary interns, they will monitor the companies from the inside – in between making cups of coffee and doing menial tasks. With the innocence of youth as cover, the interns gain the confidence of the staff and start unravelling where problems lie. When they finally reveal their true credentials, it will be to shake up the businesses with a raft of inspiring ideas.
Created with global audiences in mind, the new title builds on one part of Tracy Forsyth’s twin track commissioning strategy; to order both international formats which will air in all markets, alongside local productions targeting individual markets. Million Dollar Intern will premiere globally in Summer 2013 on BBC Knowledge (Africa, Asia, Australia, Cyprus, Hungary, Italy, New Zealand, the Nordic Region, Poland and Romania), BBC Entertainment (Latin America), and BBC HD (Latin America, the Nordic Region, Poland and Turkey).
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 42 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020