Globo TV orders more “Come Dine With Me” from ITV Studios
ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) has signed a deal with Brazilian broadcaster Globo TV for a second series of ITV Studios’ hit format Come Dine With Me. Globo TV will produce another 30 episode series. The first series aired in summer 2012 and attracted a 32% share of viewing.
Tobi de Graaff, Director of Global Television Distribution, ITV Studios Global Entertainment, said, “Our initial deal with Globo TV marked the first airing of Europe’s most watched format in Latin America. We are delighted that it has proved popular with Brazilian viewers and we look forward to announcing new deals for the format in the region.”
Come Dine With Me is one of the world’s most successful television formats and is Europe’s top TV format, according to TV Formats in Europe, a research report published by Digital TV Research, Essential Television Statistics and Madigan Cluff. It is produced in 35 territories around the world including France, Germany, Australia and Canada. Originally commissioned by Channel 4, it is an on-going success for the channel, ranking as its highest rated daytime show in 2011 and beating the slot average in primetime by 65%.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020