FOX SPORTS expands distribution across 16 countries in Asia
FOX International Channels (FIC) Asia, News Corporation’s international multi-media business, has renamed all ESPN networks to FOX SPORTS networks across all major affiliate platforms in Asia. This follows News Corporation’s successful acquisition of ESPN’s partnership interest in ESPN STAR Sports (ESS) in November last year.
The renaming signals the introduction of the flagship new channel FOX SPORTS to Asia, as the new destination for sports in the region along with the high-definition channel FOX SPORTS PLUS (HD); the 24-7 sports news channel, FOX SPORTS NEWS; the broadband network, FOX SPORTS PLAY and the mobile service, FOX SPORTS MOBILE. FOX SPORTS is already available in the U.S., Latin America and Europe. Now through the renaming, the brand has expanded into Asia significantly, making the channel’s footprint more global.
Going forward, FIC Asia will manage all FOX SPORTS networks along with the current STAR Sports, FOX Football Channel, STAR Cricket and STAR Cricket HD networks across various countries in the region, giving the sports networks an opportunity to be cross promoted to over 500 million subscribers across Asia.
“Sports has always been a driver genre in the TV business and with the addition of FOX SPORTS to FIC Asia’s portfolio, we are well poised to further our position as Asia’s leading network,’ said Peter Hutton, Senior Vice President, Sports at FOX International Channels. “We are looking to launch even more premium sports content in the near future and are committed to making FOX SPORTS the premiere destination for passionate sports fans.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020