FME and AbbottVision to adapt French series for English-speaking audiences
London – FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) has acquired rights to adapt the successful French supernatural thriller series Les Revenants for the English language. The English adaptation, They Came Back (working title), will be produced by the multi-award-winning writer, creator and producer Paul Abbott and his company AbbottVision, with which FME has a first look deal. FME will distribute the English adaptation internationally.
Les Revenants tells the story of a group of men and women in a small Alpine village in the shadow of a vast dam, who find themselves in a state of confusion, trying to return to their homes. What they do not know is that they have been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. Originally developed as a feature film, Les Revenants was adapted for TV by producers Haut et Court for the premium French pay TV channel, Canal+. The series launched in Autumn 2012 and attracted a sizeable audience averaging 1.4 million viewers across eight one-hour episodes.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 49 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 40 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020