“Charo” Santos-Concio appointed CEO of ABS-CBN Corporation
Ma. Rosario “Charo” Santos-Concio has been appointed as new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ABS-CBN Corporation, effective January 1, 2013. The new position is in addition to her role as the company’s President and Chief Content Officer. Eugenio “Gabby” Lopez III continues to be Chairman of the Board of ABS-CBN.
As President of ABS-CBN, Santos-Concio conceptualised strategies and solutions for the company’s growth. Prior to her role as President in 2008, she served as ABS-CBN’s Head for Channel 2 in 2006, Executive Vice President in 1998, Senior Vice President of TV Production in 1996, Vice President of Production Operations in 1991 and Director for Programs in 1989. She joined ABS-CBN as Consultant in 1987.
As programming executive and producer, she handled ABS-CBN’s leadership in the TV and movie market with programmes and films under her helm such as Esperanza, Pangako Sa ‘Yo, May Bukas Pa, and Home Along Da Riles, the sitcom that revived the King of Comedy Dolphy’s career.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020