“Charo” Santos-Concio appointed CEO of ABS-CBN Corporation
Ma. Rosario “Charo” Santos-Concio has been appointed as new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ABS-CBN Corporation, effective January 1, 2013. The new position is in addition to her role as the company’s President and Chief Content Officer. Eugenio “Gabby” Lopez III continues to be Chairman of the Board of ABS-CBN.
As President of ABS-CBN, Santos-Concio conceptualised strategies and solutions for the company’s growth. Prior to her role as President in 2008, she served as ABS-CBN’s Head for Channel 2 in 2006, Executive Vice President in 1998, Senior Vice President of TV Production in 1996, Vice President of Production Operations in 1991 and Director for Programs in 1989. She joined ABS-CBN as Consultant in 1987.
As programming executive and producer, she handled ABS-CBN’s leadership in the TV and movie market with programmes and films under her helm such as Esperanza, Pangako Sa ‘Yo, May Bukas Pa, and Home Along Da Riles, the sitcom that revived the King of Comedy Dolphy’s career.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 648 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 405 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020