New York – The producers of “12-12-12” have announced that the concert at New York’s Madison Square Garden on December 12, 2012 to aid the victims of Hurricane Sandy will enjoy global distribution, similar to that of the Super Bowl, the Academy Awards, and the Grammys.
Almost 2 billion people in over 190 countries will be able to access “12-12-12” on television, radio and the internet. The concert, presented by Chase, will be available to television households internationally via networks and feeds in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. There will also be live streaming on online video services including YouTube, AOL, Yahoo, Hulu, and others. Combined, these video
streaming services reach over 1.4 billion monthly unique users worldwide. Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, will broadcast the concert live on its radio stations across the U.S., and will also video stream live on iHeartRadio, Clear Channel’s digital radio service, and across the websites and Facebook pages of its 850 stations.
The line-up consists of iconic performers Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Roger Waters, Eddie Vedder, Kanye West, The Who, Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney.
Event producers James Dolan, John Sykes and Harvey Weinstein issued the following joint statement: “We are proud to be able to say that this concert is already setting records, by securing near total distribution around the world. The massive distribution means that the concert will be available to almost anyone on the planet with a television, a radio, a smartphone, tablet, computer or internet connected device.”
All proceeds from ticket purchases and donations will serve the victims of Hurricane Sandy through the Robin Hood Relief Fund. The Robin Hood Relief Fund provides money, material and know-how to local organizations that are serving families and individuals in the regions hardest hit by the storm. The most up to date information on “12-12-12,” including how to donate to the Robin Hood Relief Fund, can be found here.
Global channels and distributors carrying the concert include:
A+E Networks’ international channels
American Forces Network
Direct TV Brazil
Direct TV Latin America
Direct TV Pan Americana (Argentina, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Uruguay)
Fox International Channels’ worldwide networks
MGM Latino (Latin America)
37 MTV Channels
Numericable (France and Belgium)
SGT JAMBOX (Poland)
Sony Entertainment Television
Sundance Channel Asia
Sundance Channel Europe
Telehit-Televisa (Latin America, USA, Europe)
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020