Update: Asian territories bid for EPL (Thailand and China)
Barclays Premier League announced that Chinese broadcaster Super Sports Media Group has been awarded the exclusive LIVE audio visual broadcast rights for all EPL matches per season for seasons 2013/14-2018/19 in mainland China and Macau.
According to C21Media, this deal was made as part of a US$1billion sale of foreign rights. Super Sports has been broadcasting LIVE EPL matches for the last two years and has now extended its partnership through to 2019. The games will be broadcasted on 21 channels across China. Sports Pro Media reported that while financial terms have not been disclosed, the deal is worth significantly more than the US$50million Super Sports had been paying annually.
“The main reason for agreeing a six-year partnership with Super Sports is our recognition of their innovative and successful business model and that their coverage and reach makes our matches available to fans in all provinces across mainland China and Macau,” said Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore.
While Super Sports Group celebrates their win, TrueVisions lost their bid to Cable Thai Holdings (CTH) in Thailand. On November 15, CTH was awarded the LIVE broadcast rights for all EPL matches for seasons 2013/14 – 2015/16 in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021