Singapore – Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia has set its sight on its next original production – The Apprentice Asia, which will premiere on AXN across 21 territories in Asia in the first half of 2013.
Presented by Expedia, Hilton Hotels & Resorts and AirAsia, the Asian adaptation of the mega hit reality series will be hosted by aviation tycoon Tony Fernandes; with the production helmed by FremantleMedia Asia. The elimination competition format will pit Asia-based business executives against each other for the lucrative opportunity to work for one of business magnate Fernandes’ businesses.
Ricky Ow, Executive Vice President, Networks, Asia, Sony Pictures Television says, “AXN is the perfect platform for The Apprentice Asia. The competitive nature and entrepreneurial spirit of the format combined with Tony’s dynamic personality, is sure to entertain Asian audiences. We are proud to partner with Mark Burnett, FremantleMedia, and Tony Fernandes and look forward to the debut of this enthralling and dramatic new pan-Asian original production on AXN.”
One of Asia´s youngest and most celebrated business leaders, Fernandes (pictured right) is the force behind Malaysian entertainment and leisure group Tune Group Sdn. Bhd., the parent company of leading low-cost airline AirAsia and the Caterham Formula One team. In 2010, Fernandes was also named “Asia’s Businessman of the Year” by Forbes Asia, with an estimated worth of US$700 million. Driven by unsurpassed passion and imagination, Fernandes will be a huge inspiration for contestants and viewers alike, and also bring to the show a look and feel that is as different as the man himself.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 53 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 36 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020