Malaysia’s FTA giant Media Prima grows in strength
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia – Media Prima, an integrated media group based in Malaysia, has recorded a 3 percent growth, in Profit After Tax and Minority Interest (PATAMI) from Continuing Operations after Extraordinary Item (EI) of September 2012 compared to the corresponding period last year from RM132.60 million to RM136.73 million. Net revenue for the third quarter of 2012 grew by 5 percent to RM437.21 million compared to RM417.47 million recorded for the same period last year.
Media Prima’s Television Networks – comprising TV3, ntv7, 8TV and TV9 – remains as one of the main revenue contributors for the group. TV3 remains as one of the top free-to-air TV station with an audience viewing share of 26 percent on both free-to-air and pay TV.
Other platforms of Media Prima have also reported revenue growth. NSTP, the print platform of the group, registered 2 percent growth in revenue for the third quarter of this year, from RM212.34 million in 2011 to RM217.11 million. While the Group’s Outdoor Media has a 6 percent increase in revenue due to more contributions from expressway and digital media.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020