Malaysia’s FTA giant Media Prima grows in strength
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia – Media Prima, an integrated media group based in Malaysia, has recorded a 3 percent growth, in Profit After Tax and Minority Interest (PATAMI) from Continuing Operations after Extraordinary Item (EI) of September 2012 compared to the corresponding period last year from RM132.60 million to RM136.73 million. Net revenue for the third quarter of 2012 grew by 5 percent to RM437.21 million compared to RM417.47 million recorded for the same period last year.
Media Prima’s Television Networks – comprising TV3, ntv7, 8TV and TV9 – remains as one of the main revenue contributors for the group. TV3 remains as one of the top free-to-air TV station with an audience viewing share of 26 percent on both free-to-air and pay TV.
Other platforms of Media Prima have also reported revenue growth. NSTP, the print platform of the group, registered 2 percent growth in revenue for the third quarter of this year, from RM212.34 million in 2011 to RM217.11 million. While the Group’s Outdoor Media has a 6 percent increase in revenue due to more contributions from expressway and digital media.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 77 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021