The Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning Downton Abbey will return to ITV1 in 2013 for a fourth series. Filming of eight new episodes for the third quarter of 2013 plus an extended special episode for Christmas 2013, begins at Highclere Castle and Ealing Studios in February 2013.
In Asia, NBCUniversal has expressed interest in picking up the fourth series for DIVA Universal. Season 3, meanwhile, will premiere in January 2013 on the channel. Marianne Lee, Programming Director, Asia Pacific, Universal Networks International, tells TV ASIA Plus, “We will continue to bring the latest seasons of Downton Abbey first and exclusively in Asia on DIVA Universal.”
The opening and closing episodes will again be feature length with series four continuing the story of the Crawley family and their servants in the early 1920s.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 49 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 40 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020