Banijay Group has stopped Talpa and SBS from using the title The Next Popstar for an upcoming talent show as it is too similar to the title of the Screentime format Popstars. In its ruling, the District Court of The Hague has prohibited Talpa and SBS from using the name “The Next Popstar”. The legal case was won on the basis of article 6 bis of the Paris Convention for the protection of industrial property relating to well known trademarks.
Banijay Group recently acquired a majority stake in Screentime, an established production companies in Australia. Screentime created Popstars, the original singing talent show, which has been produced in more than 50 countries since 1999.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020