MIPCOM: Malaysia doubles programming lineup for sale
The Malaysian delegation to MIPCOM this year, led by His Excellency Dato’ Sri Kamaruddin Siaraf, Secretary General of the Malaysian Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture, comprises of more than 40 strong Malaysian content companies consisting of broadcasters, distributors, feature film, television and animation producers, with 200 new programmes on offer for distribution and acquisition—double the number of completed programmes compared to last year.
Some of the featured new programmes to be announced in MIPCOM for the first time will include Animasia Studio’s Bola Kampung The Movie, Inspidea’s Akis, Giggle Garage’s Boeing The Play Ranger, and Funcel’s Satria: The Warriors of 7 Elements.
H.E. Dato’ Sri Kamaruddin Siaraf, said, “Since the Malaysian Government has identified the Creative Content Industry as a high impact economic growth area to its GDP, the commitment and support from the Government and financial institutes have gradually risen on an annual basis. Creative Malaysia has certainly proven to the world that its creative economy and ecosystem have one of the best synergies to accelerate growth in content development, which is complemented by various funding and incentives, leading-edge studio facilities, strong creative talents, culturally-adapt multi-racial society, supportive government and a competitive economy.”
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,294 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 86 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 84 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020