MIPCOM: BBC scores factual sales with Asian broadcasters
Cannes – BBC Worldwide announced that it has sold a range of factual programming to broadcasters in Asia.
Hong Kong FTA broadcaster TVB has picked up a package dominated by natural history and documentary titles, totalling approximately 100 hours. Titles sold include the blue-chip natural history series Frozen Planet (6 x 50’), Earthflight (6 x 50’) and Great Barrier Reef (3 x 50’ or 3 x 60’).
Other factual titles sold to TVB include: Nigel Slater’s Simple Cooking: Christmas Special (1 x 60’), Planet Cake (8 x 24’) a documentary series about the cake decorating business of the same name, Top Gear series 17 (6 x 50’) and 18 (7 x 50’), and various one-off programmes from the BBC’s Horizon science strand.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 49 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020