MIPCOM: BBC scores factual sales with Asian broadcasters
Cannes – BBC Worldwide announced that it has sold a range of factual programming to broadcasters in Asia.
Hong Kong FTA broadcaster TVB has picked up a package dominated by natural history and documentary titles, totalling approximately 100 hours. Titles sold include the blue-chip natural history series Frozen Planet (6 x 50’), Earthflight (6 x 50’) and Great Barrier Reef (3 x 50’ or 3 x 60’).
Other factual titles sold to TVB include: Nigel Slater’s Simple Cooking: Christmas Special (1 x 60’), Planet Cake (8 x 24’) a documentary series about the cake decorating business of the same name, Top Gear series 17 (6 x 50’) and 18 (7 x 50’), and various one-off programmes from the BBC’s Horizon science strand.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020