Hong Kong – CASBAA continues to expand its membership reach and diversity with the addition of Corporate Members VTC from Vietnam, Sky Net of Myanmar, Hong Kong’s TMS, and the Motion Picture Association of America.
Paris-based satellite operator Eutelsat and Sky News Australia both have also been upgraded to Patron Member status.
“The CASBAA membership roster increasingly reflects the growing importance of emerging markets such as Vietnam, which saw a 74% pay-TV growth between 2009 and 2011, and Myanmar, where the TV advertising market has been growing at 49% per annum over the last few years,” says Simon Twiston Davies, outgoing CEO of CASBAA.
Launched in 2005, VTC Digital Television Station now has 20 self-produced channels plus a bouquet of international channels broadcast via satellite, DTT, analog, IPTV, Internet and cable television.
Sky Net is a direct-to-home (DTH) and multiplay service system provider in Myanmar.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 38 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020