Nickelodeon to debut original Malaysian animated series
Singapore/ Malaysia/ Philippines – Nickelodeon is launching new animated series Akis for regional viewers starting September 28. Akis is created and produced by Malaysia’s top digital animation production company, Inspidea.
The first Malaysian animation production to be commissioned by Nickelodeon, Akis is a 12-episode series of two-minute stories regaling the adventures of the highly imaginative Akis, a seven-year-old girl with a sugary sweet voice who loves to play-pretend all the time. Aside from English, Akis offers Malaysia viewers a second option of Bahasa Malaysia audio.
“Nickelodeon is always keen to develop engaging content and Akis’ antics are both endearing and hilarious, something children are bound to connect with,” said Syahrizan Mansor, Senior Director, Nickelodeon Programming & Creative, Asia. “This is the first time Nickelodeon has commissioned a studio in Malaysia to produce animated content and we are really pleased with what Inspidea has achieved. Akis is a great example of the top-notch content being produced in Malaysia.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020