BBC Worldwide has announced its first pre-sales of Brazil with Michael Palin to a raft of broadcasters, ahead of MIPCOM 2012. The travel documentary has been licensed to ABC (Australia), RTL Pay (Germany), VRT (Belgium), Czech TV, Media Entertainment’s pan-Eastern European feed, the VPRO (Holland), Yle (Finland), RÚV (Iceland), NRK (Norway) and RTV (Slovenia).
Also on BBC Worldwide’s factual slate for MIPCOM is Nigellissima, to be launched by Nigella Lawson herself in Cannes. During her first ever visit to MIPCOM, Lawson will unveil her take on Italian cooking, inspired by a period spent living in Florence.
Mark Reynolds, BBC Worldwide’s Director of Factual, said, “Michael is a distinguished broadcaster with fans all over the world, so we expect these sales to be the first of many. Similarly, Nigella’s programmes have a proven global appeal, and it’s a real thrill to have her joining us at MIPCOM. These two top quality titles are great examples of the range in our factual slate.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 28 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- ABP Network achieves threefold growth in digital 24 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020