Banijay Group enters Australia and New Zealand with acquisition of Screentime
Paris/Sydney – International production conglomerate Banijay Group and leading Australian production company Screentime, have announced the conclusion of a deal which will see Banijay acquiring a majority stake in Screentime, its operations in New Zealand, and its interest in its affiliate company in Ireland.
The deal sees Banijay’s first entry into all three territories, extending its presence to eleven countries globally. Banijay’s distribution arm Banijay International will represent Screentime’s catalogue.
With this alliance, Banijay is set to draw on Screentime’s expertise in the production of high quality and long-running series such as Underbelly to forge a new presence in the scripted content market. Screentime will gain access to Banijay’s wide portfolio of formats for local adaption.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 36 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020