ABS-CBN Corporation continues to top TV viewing in the Philippines, including 12 key areas with huge TV viewing population, hitting as high as 73% in terms of audience share. According to Kantar Media, ABS-CBN’s average audience share reached 43% nationwide on total day viewership in August, 12 points higher than rival GMA’s 31%.
Looking at the different areas nationwide, Kantar Media TV diaries data (July 29 to August 4) show ABS-CBN registered its highest audience share of 73% in Legaspi with a majority of local residents tuning in to its shows and recording a 60-percentage-point lead over GMA’s 13%. Similarly, ABS-CBN also obtained a 72% audience share in Iloilo, higher by 58 percentage points than GMA’s 14%.
“ABS-CBN maintained its dominance in these regions because of good content, improved signal, and local programming. Viewers appreciate our local productions which include local newscasts, morning programs, game shows, and local public service programs apart from our top-caliber TV offerings,” said ABS-CBN Regional Network Group (RNG) head Louis Benedict Bennett.
- iQIYI presents six new Korean titles to look forward to in April 170 views | posted on April 6, 2021
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 50 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 38 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020