ABS-CBN Corporation continues to top TV viewing in the Philippines, including 12 key areas with huge TV viewing population, hitting as high as 73% in terms of audience share. According to Kantar Media, ABS-CBN’s average audience share reached 43% nationwide on total day viewership in August, 12 points higher than rival GMA’s 31%.
Looking at the different areas nationwide, Kantar Media TV diaries data (July 29 to August 4) show ABS-CBN registered its highest audience share of 73% in Legaspi with a majority of local residents tuning in to its shows and recording a 60-percentage-point lead over GMA’s 13%. Similarly, ABS-CBN also obtained a 72% audience share in Iloilo, higher by 58 percentage points than GMA’s 14%.
“ABS-CBN maintained its dominance in these regions because of good content, improved signal, and local programming. Viewers appreciate our local productions which include local newscasts, morning programs, game shows, and local public service programs apart from our top-caliber TV offerings,” said ABS-CBN Regional Network Group (RNG) head Louis Benedict Bennett.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021